Old Courthouse Nursery is a wholesale nursery supplying other nurseries with quality liner material for step up. We also supply garden centers and landscapers with quality material.
We produce woody ornamentals and trees in containers. Our material is grown in Micro Kote coated containers. Sizes range from 2″ rooted cuttings to 25 gallon. The nursery is currently 40 acres in size with about 20 acres of actual container/greenhouse production.
We have 35,000 square feet of greenhouse area used for propagation and winter protection.
The nursery began operation in May, 2000 on land owned by Jeffrey Matthews. Jeffrey’s grandfather, Otis Carroll, was founder of Carroll’s Foods in Warsaw.
The nursery is on the site of the original Duplin County Courthouse (1754 to 1784). In 1784 Sampson County was created from the western portion of Duplin County. The Duplin/Sampson County Line bisects the nursery.
Our trucks deliver to our customers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Tennessee, Georgia and Pennsylvania.